These are the services held in 2019 and 2020:
Services are held with music but no singing. Enjoy the sounds of organ or guitar in the peaceful setting of the Sanctuary, thanks to the talents of Cathy Tyng and Marc Erwin. During a service, everyone is required to wear a mask and your temperature will be taken at the door. You must be seated at least 6 feet away from any other attendee who is not your family member. The current Health Department guidance limits the number of people in the Sanctuary to 21 based on square footage. And of course there is no coffee hour.
In December 2020 we held two services.
Some services were held this summer and early fall in the courtyard garden:
- September 27 – Harvest Home/Autumn Equinox
- September 13 – Ingathering, Water Communion
- a worship service on August 24 led by Reverend Inanna Arthen with music by Marc Erwin and Rini Kilcoyne.
- a worship service on July 19
- a Flower Communion Service on Sunday June 21
Regular services at our Church were temporarily suspended due to the pandemic in mid-March 2020.
- March 15, 2020 – Iva Kazda, Northern Exposure
- March 8, 2020 – Reverend Inanna Arthen
- March 1, 2020 – Rini Kilcoyne, Women’s Suffrage
- February 23, 2020 – Reverend Inanna Arthen
- February 16, 2020 – Carol Mays and Gary Blanchard, Uplifting Poems and Songs
- February 9, 2020 – Supressed: The Fight to Vote, Documentary by famous film maker Robert Greenwald. Discussion facilitated by Mimi Jones. In the Church Dining Room.
- February 2, 2020 – Reverend Inanna Arthen – In the Belly
- January 26, 2020 – Reverend Inanna Arthen – Questions of Race
- January 19, 2020 – Dana Tomlin, Forks with Annual Meeting at Noon
- January 12, 2020 – Reverend Inanna Arthen, After O-O-P-S with Budget Presentation at 11:30 AM
- January 5, 2020 – Join our fun everybody-can-help group un-decorating of the Sanctuary with Marc Erwin playing his selection of holiday tunes on his choice of instrument(s). We say so long to our light-filled, graceful sanctuary until the spring sun warms our North Quabbin homes again.
- December 29, 2019 – Open Discussion – Personal Dreams, Successes and Frustrations in Making a Difference in the World Individually – What are your personal dreams about making a difference in the world individually? What inspires you or sustains you as you face successes and frustrations in this effort? Please bring something that is meaningful to you as inspiration or sustenance, currently or in the past, to share at this conversational service to be held in the Dining Room. This supportive and sharing opportunity will be led by Diane Nassif and Carol Mays, based on a suggestion from Carol for lay-led discussion topics. (4th Principle: We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.)
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Service at 7 p.m., Reverend Arthen; music by Cathy Tyng on the organ
- December 22 – Winter Solstice Seasonal Celebration – Come share your holiday traditions and memories of Solstice, Twelfth Night, Christmas Eve, Christmas Morning, Christmas Dinner, Hanukkuh, New Year’s Eve, Kings Night, Kwanzaa, Omisoka, Boxing Day, Three Kings Day or Epiphany – whatever stories you may have to share. We’ll gather amidst the wonderfully decorated sanctuary for a relaxing story telling.
- December 15 – I Still Believe in Santa Claus Santa OrderOfService – Rini Kilcoyne. The I Still Believe In Santa Claus sermon looked at the historical connection between our image of Santa Claus, and our retail economy in America, and how the two have always been inextricably tied together. While she did not neglect the ‘reason for the season,’ she also spoke of how parents make sure each Christmas that Santa Claus exists, just by filling stockings and attributing gifts that they bought to Santa instead. We celebrated the fun, good cheer, generosity, and the entire creative spectacle of the Christmas Season with a Christmas Sing-a-long Lyric Sheet 2019.
- December 8 – On the Brink – Reverend Inanna Arthen
- December 1 – Reconsiderist Siddur, Hattie Nestel
- November 24 – Interfaith Thanksgiving Service, Reverend Arthen; music by Cathy Tyng on the organ
- November 17 – Bonnie MacCracken – Chair of the State Commission on the Status of Women and Girls
- November 10 – Veteran’s Day, Reverend Arthen
- November 3 – The United State of America by Rini Kilcoyne; music by Marc Erwin
- October 27 – Pledge Sunday Brunch, in the Dining Room
- October 20 – Reverend Arthen, Peace; music by Cathy Tyng on the organ
- October 13 – Truth, Beauty and Goodness, Robert Rocheleau
- October 6 – Immigration, Reverend Arthen
- September 29 – Connecting to the God Presence Within, Katja Esser – meet in the Ladies Parlor
- September 22 – Harvest/Autumn Equinox, Reverend Arthen; music by Cathy Tyng on the organ
- September 15 – The Path to Celebrating Totality, Carol Mays; music by Gary Blanchard
- September 8 – Water Communion, Reverend Arthen; music by Marc Erwin